Sometimes we delete bookmarks accidentally from Google chrome browser and then we feel so bad for deleted stuff. In this short tutorial we help you for the recovery of deleted Chrome bookmarks. Now you can easily recover your favorite bookmarks and can import to the browser.
To recover/restore deleted bookmarks just follow the steps given below.
- One of the best features of Chrome is that it keeps back up of all records in hidden and visible files. You just need to explore those files for any type of data recovery. Similarly for chrome keep backs up of bookmarks
- Open “my computer” and follow the path ” C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default” . Must change the USERNAME with your own personal username
- In the above path AppData is a hidden folder, but if you didn’t apply hidden folder settings then you can see this folder. Otherwise unhide the hidden folders. Here you will see two folders with the name of Bookmarks and Bookmarks.bak
- Bookmarks folder contains your browser’s current bookmarks and Bookmarks.bak includes back up files of bookmarks. Now change the bookmarks folder with the name Bookmarks.Old
- Change the Bookmarks.bak folder with the name Bookmarks. With these changes back up folder becomes main bookmark folder which includes current browser’s bookmarks
- After changing folder names, dialogue box will appear, click “Yes” to proceed
- Restart your Google Chrome browser and you will see your deleted bookmarks